This feature allows you to add, edit, and or remove Global Email Filters for a selected email account with cPanel
An email filter allows you to set a rule for incoming messages
Example: A message from a specific sender.
If a message matches that rule, then the system can automatically perform an action on that message
Example: Deleting the message.
We strongly recommend that you use multiple, simple filters instead of a single large filter.
Exim, the Server’s mail transfer agent, handles many small rules more efficiently than a single large rule
To create a new filter, perform the following steps:
1) In the Filters by Users table, click Manage Filters for the appropriate email account.
2) Click Create a New Filter.
3) Enter a name for the filter in the Filter Name text box.
4) Configure your filter’s rules and actions.
5) Click "Create"
Note: For detailed information on how to configure your filter, read cPanel's How to Configure Email Filters article.
To list an email account’s filters, click Manage Filters in the row of the appropriate email account.
The Current Filters table lists all the filters for the selected email account in the order the filters run.
New filters are appended to the Current Filters list, meaning they will run after pre-existing filters. You may drag and drop the filters to change the order in which the filters will run.
To edit an existing filter, perform the following steps:
1) Click Edit next to the appropriate filter name.
2) Make the desired changes to the filter.
3) Click Save.
To delete a filter, perform the following steps:
1) Click Delete for the appropriate filter name.
2) Click Delete Filter.
To test a filter, perform the following steps:
1) In the Filters by Users table, click Manage Filters next to the desired email account.
2) Enter a test email message in the Filter Test text box.
Note: Include the characters, words, and conditions that you configured for your filter.
3) Click Test Filter. The Filter Trace Results interface will appear.
The Filter Trace Results interface
The Filter Trace Results interface will display results similar to the following:
The results contain the following information:
Tweet Share Pin Tumble Email